Saturday, May 15, 2010

Rolling with it

It's amazing what a good night's sleep can do for your ability to cope with change. Last night we took Fred out to a great thai restaurant right across from the hospital, and we all enjoyed feeling slightly normal being out. I was able to get a really good night of sleep last night. I woke up feeling refreshed which was a good thing because we got served another curve ball this morning.

Fred will be moving to the east wing on Monday, which is a good thing for his recovery because it means he is less of a medical patient and just focusing on rehab and moving towards independence and going home. The down side is we have to move out of the apartment and move in with him, so we will be living in a hospital too. Even though it felt like unexpected news that I wasn't ready for, I felt much better at going with it and not getting upset. I do see that among the many lessons we will learn from this, being more flexible and being able to roll with whatever comes our way is going to be a big one!

Today we took Fred out for a haircut and then I left Kalyn for nap time and got a massage. I might have to sign up for those once a week for awhile! Some friends from Boulder came over for a visit this afternoon, and we had a great time catching up with them.

Fred is having a hard time contemplating being here until the end of June. He forgets a little but then will be reminded and wants to argue himself out of here. Not being able to go to my sister's wedding at the begining of June upsets him, and he's trying to convince me he should be able to go home sooner than what the doctors say. I agree with him that I want him to get through this quickly, but I also see that him coming home right now would not be a good thing.

1 comment:

  1. Wow! You certainly have a good attitude about all the changes. Hang in there. Better times are coming.
    We love you.
    Hi Kalyn,
    Omi and Opa

    ReplyDelete