Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Family Meeting

We had the family meeting today with all of Fred's doctors and therapists. It went well in that they all had positive things to say about him and the progress he has made. The hardest part for me was when they brought up the tentative discharge date of June 25. I realized I had been holding onto a quick recovery and discharge. I know in the long run it is the best thing for him to maximize his time here and get the most out of it he can, but it is just one more adjustment for me in a long line of emotional adjustments I have gone through since the accident.

The doctors recommend stepping away and giving Fred more independence and space to start doing things himself while he is here. It will be hard to find the balance of being here with him and being home, but at the moment, I have no energy to figure anything out.

1 comment:

  1. I'm praying that Fred exceeds the doctors and therapists goals, Jenna! I can imagine it will be hard not being there with him all the time. But on the other hand, getting back into a routine at home with your little girl will be good for all of you! Hugs from San Francisco.

    Love,
    Corie

    ReplyDelete