Friday, June 11, 2010

Still Down

I'm still feeling down today. This is the longest I've ever been away from Fred, and I still have another week to go before we see him, and I am really not enjoying being a single mom. It's hard for me to go to parties and events right now too because they just make me miss Fred more. I feel very fortunate that he gets to come home in two weeks, but that isn't making me not miss him now.

I have been able to sleep fairly well the last couple of nights, but I'm just feeling emotionally drained and exhausted. It doesn't take much to make me cry right now. A new neighbor who is actually an old coworker of mine from the Durango Bagel some 15 years ago went out of her way to mow my lawn for me, and this made me cry. I feel so appreciative that she did it and also a little stupid that I've never mowed a lawn in my life! I've always had a brother that had to do it or Fred and just never learned how to run the thing. I did wake up this morning feeling very happy to see clean cut grass.

Thank you to everyone in Denver that have been bringing meals by for Fred. He is mad at me for asking, but he is enjoying the visits as much as if not more than the food. He has his one and only quiet weekend by himself this weekend, and I sent him a care package with note cards to start writing to everyone. I don't even know where to begin with the thank you cards myself, so obviously I haven't started yet! Fred is upbeat and tolerating the last of his inpatient testing today. Having the transition to outpatient status will be good for him on Monday to start moving in the direction of home.

I am hoping to get out to my flower bed this weekend and do some weeding. My definition of a weed is now anything that grows faster than the things I want to grow. Yikes! I'm sending Kalyn off to my mom's on Sunday morning and will be out there weeding if anyone wants to come join me, I would love the company and the help ;-).

No comments:

Post a Comment