Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Ready to Run

Friday I leave for the Royal Victoria Marathon. I'm running with two friends that I started training with back in April. It was a random decision to do a marathon and a series of cocktail hours that led to picking this marathon and convincing both of them to do the full marathon.

This will be my second marathon and the training has been much nicer to do with friends especially as the runs got longer. We've had injury and traveling setbacks, but the best part has been getting to know each other through running.

The hardest part for me is flying away from my daughter. The best process of training for this marathon was knowing that I had at time to myself every week doing something good for myself. Leaving for a whole weekend and being in a different city is exciting but also nerve racking to think about being so far away.

No comments:

Post a Comment