Friday, October 9, 2009

Mornings

I am so thankful I don't have to rush off to work every morning. I get to sit and cuddle, read stories and have nice slow mornings with my daughter. I am a morning person in general, but I love to sit with a cup of coffee and enjoy the morning. My daughter loves to read books, so it is a favorite passtime around here to sit around and read stories.

My ideal day starts with me getting up first and not waking anyone else up, having a cup of tea and sitting quietly or doing some yoga. Having time to myself first thing in the morning and starting the day on my terms makes me so much more calm, relaxed and happy.

Last night I got a good night of sleep and was able to wake up a little earlier than everyone else to have the time to myself. I do feel like I have to sneak past my daughter's bedroom because the floor creaks right in front of her door and she is a light sleeper especially in the morning.

I'm really trying to have more time to myself so I can be more grounded and patient. Hopefully this weekend away will be good for me and I won't come home too exhausted!

No comments:

Post a Comment